ELM 351 Topic 4 World History Lesson Plan GCU
Designing social studies instruction that integrates the arts provides a unique opportunity to align content standards to more creative demonstrations of knowledge and skills. Designing robust, standards-based lesson plans that practice this integration helps teachers to become well-versed in their content area. In addition, lessons that integrate technology provide opportunities for teachers to introduce real-world applications into social studies instruction.
Select a grade level 1-8 world history standard and an arts standard. Using the “Class Profile” and the “COE Lesson Plan Template,” write a complete lesson plan that includes:
- Classroom and Student Factors/Grouping: Use the “Class Profile” to inform this section, and to differentiate for the needs of students throughout the lesson plan.
- National/State Learning Standards: Identify one world history standard and one arts standard for your selected grade level.
- Specific Learning Target(s)/Objectives: Create at least one specific learning objective that includes both standards.
- Academic Language: List relevant academic language and how it will be modeled.
- Resources, Materials, Equipment, and Technology: Incorporate at least one media or technology resource that supports real-world applications and scaffolding of social studies standards-based instruction.
- Multiple Means of Representation: Explain how knowledge and skills will be presented, and how the selected technology supports real-world applications and scaffolding of social studies standards-based instruction.
- Multiple Means of Engagement: Include at least one learning activity that utilized a technology resource to develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Multiple Means of Expression: Formative assessments are designed to provide data on student performance for monitoring and adjusting instruction, and provide students feedback so they can evaluate and adjust their own learning. Summative assessment is comprehensive and cohesive in form and function.
In a 100-250 word reflection, explain how your selected instructional strategies help to develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills and meet the needs of all students.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.