ECS 570 Topic 2 Speech Development Graphic Organizer GCU
Create a graphic organizer to share with families and colleagues that illustrates the typical and atypical patterns of speech and language development in children ages 4-8 years.
The graphic organizer should:
- Describe typical and atypical patterns of speech and language development.
- Show which sounds are appropriate at each age from ages 4-8 years.
- Include how speech affects literacy.
- Include an educational activity or exercise that could be used at home to foster the development of those sounds at each age from ages 4-8.
- Additional local/community resources for families to support speech and language development.
Support your information with 3-5 scholarly resources.
Include a 250-350 word description of how you would present this graphic organizer to your general education colleagues.
Submit your graphic organizer and description as one deliverable.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.